These are conducted in a laboratory so as to obtain better understanding of the gas behavior within the reservoir and as they are produced and the reservoir pressure is reduced.
- Constant Compositional Expansion Tests
- Saturation Pressure
- Isothermal Compressibility
- Compressibility factor
- Total hydrocarbon volume as a function of pressure
- Differential Liberation Test
- Amount of gas in solution
- Oil shrinkage as a function of pressure
- Evolved gas properties
- Oil density as a function of pressure
- Separator Tests – conducted to determine the volumetric changes to the reservoir fluid as it passes through the separator onto the storage tank.